#19 Debunking myths about investments, risk and women-led businesses
The argument persists that markets are inherently efficient and consistently rational. If investments in women-led businesses and into funds managed by women generate better results, why is there little progress in directing more capital to them? What can investors, advisors, and asset owners do to increase the flow of finance to female entrepreneurs and fund managers?
• Anna Karin Eneström, Permanent Representative of Sweden to the UN
• Preeti Sinha, Executive Secretary, UNCDF
• Sonia Gardner, Goodwill Ambassador, UNCDF and President, Managing Partner and Co-Founder of the Avenue Capital Group
• Sandy Urie, Chairman Emeritus of Cambridge Associates
• Malin Malmstrom, Luleå University of Technology, LTU, Department of Business Administration, Technology and Social Sciences (ETS), Professor of Entrepreneurship and Innovation
Moderator: Esther Pan Sloane, Head of Partnerships, Policy and Communications, UNCDF